Every online store would look forward to increasing traffic and conversions. However, even after you have put together some basic strategy, chances are higher it could still be challenging to decide on which marketing tactics to be tried. In the digital world, when competition is getting severe, it becomes important to make use of each penny that you spend – be it on advertisements or on sales. This has in fact paved way to adapting to the concept of User Experience in a big way. Every company, especially in the online niche, now thinks on how to maximum utilize their ad spend and working on giving the best user experience to the visitors has thus become one of the important part of it.
This concept gets popular when a large community is behind a platform and that is what happened to the WordPress and WooCommerce industry where developers from across the world have put together different effective and efficient plugins or extensions to enhance the user experience on each of the website, even though these features are not part of the ones which default WordPress platform offers. The ideas have been specifically designed to generate more sales or to increase repeat purchases from the customer base that already exists with you.
If you’re a WooCommerce website owner, you should try to implement some of these ideas in routine for the following weeks and it’s pretty sure that on the last day, you could realize the tactic that works best in your favor for driving new sales.
Few Clever Suggestions to Increase sales on your WordPress Ecommerce Website
- Focusing on the Product page experience: It’s not a big secret that the product page is the most important page in your E-commerce website. So as to give the maximum usability to the product page, you may have to depend on third party extensions so as to get the features that are not available in default WooCommerce. One such plugin that enables the store owners to add extra fields to the product page is the woocommerce product addons This plugin could collect additional information like upload fields, custom price field, custom price formula, conditional logic, multi-selection fields, upload fields, drop-down fields, image selector, Google map place selector, time and date field, color picker, etc from the customers which will be shown along with the order details. The free version of this woocommerce extra product options plugin also is loaded with a bunch of features and would definitely entice your customers to make a purchase.
- Up-selling of the Product : For a majority of businesses, up-selling could be highly effective and efficient in acquiring the new customer. At times, your customers would not be aware that a premium product has been made available or they might simply require additional evidence for understanding how upgrading would be suitable to their specific needs. There are a lot of good plugins which induces up-sales.
- Integrating Instagram: Instagram has turned out to be the most engaging social networking platform in recent times and is one of the best tools to increase your marketing reach. In Instagram, if you have some compelling photographs, you could make use of hashtags in a strategic manner. You should post the photos at the right times in order to build a huge Instagram following. The key would be to master your organic Instagram presence along with the followers who like your product. There are some good WordPress plugins to make this integration easier.
- Reducing the Abandoned Carts: Being an online store owner, you should be aware that abandoned carts by users without purchasing have been losing you a significant amount. A good idea would be to remind the visitors through email for completing their purchase. Chances are higher that you may persuade the customers through discounts or free shipping, but you could do this only by using any good Woocommerce plugin specifically built for this.
- Launching of Facebook Store: Despite Facebook having undergone several changes, it would still remain the most viable platform for e-commerce and social media marketing. With the launching of the Facebook store, customers could integrate directly with your store. Therefore, you do not have to keep a separate inventory. All you need to do is to get a good WordPress plugin for this.
- Improving your Email Campaigns: Focusing on the email capturing and nurturing them is really important in and ecommerce store. It may not be adequate to capture few email addresses. You would require sending regular, valuable emails for the specific channel in order to make an effective and efficient e-commerce marketing activity. There are many WordPress and WooCommerce plugins from different email providers like Mailchimp, Aweber, ConstantContact etc.
- Creating Multilingual websites: If you’re focusing on international sales creating multilingual websites would be an important strategy to focus on. However even though technically this is easily possible with the power of WooCommerce extensions, the issue could come up in managing the replies and giving customer support. However with the latest translation mechanism, these could be catered to an extent. But for the development of a multilingual functionality, you could rely on the leading plugins like WPML and PolyLang. However, one challenge that could arise here is that the other plugins that you use on the website has to be compatible with these multilingual plugins. But most of the good plugins would have already done past this stage and have made themselves WPML compatible plugins. As all the other major languages, which the non-English speaking countries use, together constitute to an ignorable number, it makes sense to create websites in Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Arabic, etc based on your target market and customer segments.
These plugins would make adding customized features to WooCommerce stores easier and thereby largely help to increase your sales. All these plugins add to the User Experience (UX) of the website and leaves opportunities for you to retarget them through remarketing and also outreach them through email marketing. One of the biggest success of WordPress (and thus WooCommerce), apart from its simplicity, is the strength of its highly active community.